Sunday 8 November 2009

The Isolated Sign

Because I have no home I'm always on the move, moving in and around Plymouth which is the place where I was born. It's a nomadic existence and that's how I like it; at once I am an insider and an outsider.

Life was normal once. I know what it's like to have money, a family, a wife, a career and I also know what it's like to lose them all in one week. But I digress...

Just look at this sign. It's there throughout the year! But there's no ice factory or ice rink around the bend. Nor is there a freak, ghostly cold-spot phenomenon occurring there, which is fortunate: the last thing I tramping want is that schizoid Derek Acorah investigating it with all his grey hair gelled back like rows of egg noodles, channelling dead scousers from his multiple personality disorder!

So why is it there? Why was money spent on it? Is it a joke? I don't find it funny. I have a sense of humour but this sign, well it gets on my tramping moobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment